If you’ve ever been on one of my live calls, you know about my affinity for automatic writing. On a recent call, someone asked me about how one goes about automatic writing. I utilize this practice almost daily and wanted to share some easy tricks to help you add this to your meditative practice.
If you’re anything like me, you sometimes have such a busy mind that sitting down to meditate feels like a chore. When I have too many thoughts, too many plans, too many ideas swirling in my head to spend any kind of significant time in deep meditation I turn to pen and paper. This is my easy way to get the answers I need from either my higher self, spirit or a loved one who’s passed on.
I’ll share some easy tips to help you add this tool to your mediation practice.
Find a quiet space for at least 15-30 minutes
- Find a place where you won’t be interrupted for at least 15 minutes. It takes time to connect and get aligned.
Grab your favorite notebook
- I love a good, pretty notebook. I have gone through so many notebooks my kids are starting to think I hoard them. Use the same notebook for this practice. Date the pages as you use them so you can refer back to them.
- You can use a computer to type your messages, but for me, I prefer pen and paper and get more information this way. Please use whatever method feels right for you.
Put on your favorite meditative music
- I love having soothing background music to tune out any extraneous sounds that might distract me from what I’m doing.
Choose who you’d like to connect with. Set the intention that you want to hear from a certain person during this automatic writing process.
- You can connect with your higher self, a spirit guide, guardian angel, ascended master, archangel, or loved one who’d passed over.
- The options are truly limitless. If you need help with a business issue, you can call in the business guides or angels that can help you with your problem.
- If you need healing messages, Archangel Raphael is a great choice, but for self-love issues, you might want to connect with Mother Mary or Kuan Yin. The option is yours.
- I have different notebooks for different uses, you can connect to different guides at different times. The point is to set the intention so you can energetically connect with them during this process.
Do a quick energy clearing and connect to your higher self, spirit/angel guides, or loved one.
- I posted a quick and easy energy clearing you can do that will also allow you to connect to the individuals you want to connect with. Here’s the link if you’d like to use it.
- When the meditation begins to call in your guides/angels/ etc. Focus on the one you want to connect with to make this clearing specific for your intention during this journaling session.
- Enter the date and who you’re looking to connect with at the top of your page.
- Now begin by taking a deep breath and both mentally and physically begin to write down the questions you have and want answered. Rewrite these questions, ask them a bunch of different ways, but don’t STOP writing.
- Keep writing and asking for them to come through. Eventually (anywhere between 2-5 Minutes) – you’ll notice your brain get quieter, and your handwriting may even change as you start writing things down that are coming to you intuitively. Keep writing and asking them questions.
- Don’t question if this is ‘real’ or not! Just keep writing. You’ll know when you’re finished, and they have completed what they wanted to tell you.
Processing the information
- When you’re finished, read what you wrote.
- Does it feel true? IN YOUR HEART! – does it seem like new information, things you never would have thought of on your own?
- I am always amazed by what comes up during the process and the ideas and suggestions I receive.
Remember – Practice makes perfect
- If you feel like you were too in your head and you didn’t get anything. Don’t get frustrated with yourself. Just put down the pen and paper and try again another time.
- Remember, this, just like meditation is building up the muscle of your intuition. You didn’t get great abs overnight – so keep practicing. You’ll be amazed by the results.
- Here’s a link to my short video talking about automatic writing in case you’d like to watch it too.
Drop me a comment on how your first time went – or if you’ve been doing it a while, some tips you might share with others who are trying this out for the first time.
Some quick announcements on upcoming events.
I’m going live on my Facebook Page @radiantlivinghlc on Tuesday evenings and Friday afternoons delivering healing messages from spirit. I have the rest of August dates and times scheduled if you’d like to pop in one for a quick healing message from spirit.
I’m also hosting an online class – Energy Healing and Divine Messages from Spirit. In this class/event we’ll be learning about how to clear our own energy, open our chakras and heal ourselves along with receiving channeled messages from spirit. The class is limited in size to ensure everyone gets the necessary information they need to help them work towards getting in greater alignment and balance. These will meet monthly August – November. The first one is August 22nd.
My medical intuition/healing sessions are filling up, so please check out my site in order to book your own session. If you need a time that’s not listed on the booking site, please reach out to me, as I do offer other times for those in different time zones that may need accommodations from my normal office hours.
Wishing you a fantastic week!
Blessings and light.
Until next time,