Did you know that 1-2% of the population are Empaths?
Those individuals who have the ability to feel and absorb the emotions and energy of others around them.
What does it mean to be an Empath?
Empath comes from the word Empathy, which means the ability to understand the experiences and feelings of others outside of your own perspective. Having empathy is a good thing, the problem lies when you begin to embody it – both physically and energetically.
Empaths can sense and feel emotions as if they’re part of your own experience. In other words, someone else’s Anger and joy becomes your anger and joy.
Some ways that Empaths struggle in life:
- Have a hard time with relationships and intimacy.
- By being extremely intuitive, they are often like human lie-detectors, which can create conflict in their relationships.
- Struggle being in crowded spaces.
- Extremely sensitive to others emotions, but also sounds, sensations, and smells
- Avoiding conflict at all costs because they don’t want to hurt other people’s feelings.
- Tend to become isolated because they feel like they don’t ‘fit in’.
What are some ways you can navigate the world when you’re an empath?
- Protect your energy – psychic and energetic protection is KEY!
- Work on deciphering if the emotions you’re feeling are yours or someone else’s.
- Ground yourself – get outside and become one with nature.
- Be more self-aware. This will help you keep other people’s emotions from seeping into yours!
- Set clear boundaries. If you know you have to go somewhere that may be energetically exhausting, limit your time.
- Release the emotions – don’t hold them all in. If you feel it, feel it!
- Carry crystals with the healing properties of absorbing negative energy or that are grounding. Such as Black Tourmaline, onyx and obsidian.
Lastly, remember, this is a super power! When you understand how to harness this power and protect yourself, you can do amazing things and help a lot of people if you choose to.
Want to know more about ways to survive in a chaotic world? Watch my Youtube segment on this topic! Every Tuesday I’m delivering tips to help you navigate your intuitive gifts and heal from our baggage. Like, follow or set up our notifications on my Facebook Page – @Radiantlivinghlc
Until next time,