Welcome to 2022! Are you the type of person who sets lots of resolutions only to fall short every year? Making you feel more and more discouraged and negative. What if I told you that there is a better way to create the life you are longing to live that will actually make you feel more positive and help you manifest what you dream of?
Setting intentions! If you have followed me on social media, you will know that I DON’T DO RESOLUTIONS! Resolutions are inherently negative. When you create them, you basically are thinking about all the ways you don’t measure up. All the things that suck about you or your life. If you know anything about the law of attraction and manifestation, you know that what you focus on, you attract. Resolutions are almost built to make you fail. When you fail at something, how does that make you feel? Like crap, right?
Intentions are more positive and focused on creating more abundance and blessings in your life. It helps to motivate you to be even better than you already are! They are less constricting and more positive, highlighting what you already have and reframing your thoughts to bring in even more and better things into your life.
Here are some easy tips to help you set powerful intentions for your new year!
- You need to be CLEAR on what it is that you actually want to create in your life. If you are wishy wasky, or generic, that doesn’t give your mind or the universe something specific to work towards. Use your imagination, get creative, and DREAM BIG!
- Here’s and example – let’s say you want to get a new job this year. If you merely say, I want a new job this year, it’s not specific enough. Instead try something like this, I am working towards moving into a new job that allows me to work from home, with a great work life balance so I can finish my work by 5pm. It gives me the flexibility to be available for my kid’s activities and has a salary of at least $XYZ amount. I have a boss who is kind, fair and appreciates my contribution to the team. Do you see the difference? When you are specific, it helps you to visualize exactly where you want to go!
- Be clear on WHO you need to be in order to achieve this goal. Are thing habits or thoughts that are keeping you stuck from actively achieving this dream? If your intention is to write a book in the new year, you will need to become a person who prioritizes writing, and potentially receiving constructive criticism for that writing. You need to embody this person in order to achieve it.
- Visualization is your friend. When you have created the intention, meditate on this intention being completed. Visualize what you look like, what are you doing? How do they operate during the day? When visualizing it, does it make your soul sing? If not, maybe you need to dig deeper and see if it’s in alignment with what your heart/soul really wants for you.
- Use your entire chakra body. What does that mean? Well, if you think about the chakra system, they each correspond to different things that will help you to bring your dreams to reality.
- Crown – visualization of what you want to create and trusting the universe to help you achieve it. There is a bit of surrender that needs to happen here.
- Third eye – intuition can help you understand what you best next step is to make this dream happen. It can give you guideposts along the way.
- Throat – communicating your intentions. Through speaking about your dreams, to saying positive affirmations to remind your subconscious that you CAN and WILL achieve these things. Using positive I am statements is extremely powerful.
- Heart – You need to feel and connect with the emotions. How will you FEEL when you achieve this goal? Embody that feeling and make an emotional connection to that intention.
- Solar Plexus – Confidence and being the leader of your life! Taking actions to achieve what you are longing for. Creating an action plan – with baby steps to get you where you want to go.
- Sacral – Inspiration and creativity – This center is where you give birth to those new ideas and projects. Get connected to your creative center and pay attention to the intuitive inspirational hits you might receive along the way.
- Root – This is the physical embodiment of the dream. It’s also where your fight or flight response lives. Get out of fear, let go of limiting thoughts and behaviors that are holding you back.
- Be GRATEFUL & Generous – see all the blessings in your life and show gratitude for them daily. Start a gratitude journal and write in it daily about what you’re grateful for and WHY! It’s important to also be generous. This doesn’t always need to be about money, you can be generous with your time, compassion, and kindness. Remember abundance works like a vacuum, what your give, you ultimately receive back to you exponentially.
- Get over your blocks and limiting thoughts/behaviors. IF you are struggling with fear, or other beliefs that are holding you back figure out the root of these beliefs. WHY are you feeling/doing/saying these things? Dig down and keep digging till you get to where the root of this exists. Then you have awareness and can rewrite it.
- Surrender!! Once you have the what you want, it’s time to surrender it and allow the universe to figure out the how and when. That doesn’t mean stop working towards your goals, no. You still need to take active steps daily to get you going, but the universe will drop the right opportunities, mentors, relationships, etc. to help you out. Pay attention to these, or you might just miss the short cut the universe is trying to help you with.
I also recommend you do the following:
- Create powerful and short affirmations that support your intentions. Use ‘I AM’ statements for maximum effect.
- Create a mantra for your year – a short statement declaring what you are bringing into your year.
- A word for your year – what word are you embodying as the energy for your year?
- Know that you CAN change your mind. If something just feels a little off, you can always recalibrate your intentions to be in alignment with your new goals/aspirations as they come up. Just don’t change your mind too often, or you’ll start confusing the universe, your spiritual guidance team, and your subconscious mind.
- Journal – when things come up for you, challenges, struggles, or other things that may trip you up along the way, journal about them. Let those thoughts and feelings out to gain more clarity and understanding around them.
I wish you a year filled with all the things you dream of! Be bold, creative, and create a magical year! Don’t forget, you are the leader of your life! Make good choices!!!
Until next time,
Blessings and light,